Dr. Maurer is a 1995 graduate of the William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine and completed a two-year foot and ankle surgical residency in Chicago. He has been in practice in Colorado since 1997. Dr. Maurer has training and experience in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including forefoot and rearfoot reconstruction, trauma and wound care. He is board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is a Past President of the Colorado Podiatric Medical Association and has served on the board for the Central Rockies Physicians Practice Associates. He is on staff at Vail Valley Medical Center and Summit Medical Center. When not taking care of patients, Dr. Maurer enjoys mountain biking, snowboarding and snowshoeing. He lives in Edwards with his wife and three children.
- Education: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, 1995.
- Board Certifications: American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
- Hospital Affiliations: Vail Valley Medical Center, Vail Valley Surgery Center, Summit Medical Center,Peak One Surgery Center.
- Memberships: American Podiatric Medical Association, Colorado Podiatric Medical Association, Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Central Rockies Physicians Practice Associates.
- Lecture History: Winter Sports and Your Feet, Current Concepts in the Evaluation and Management of Heel Pain, Diabetes and Your Feet, Evaluation and Treatment of Heel Pain in the Athlete, Evaluation of Common Forefoot Disorders, The Spectrum of Heel Pain – Diagnosis and Treatment.
- Publications: “Coralline Hydroxyapatite as a Bone Graft Substitute in Foot and Ankle Surgery” JFAS, 1997.